Dear CoaH Families,
As always, the safety and health of our students, staff, and greater community is our top priority. We are writing to you to address the novel Coronavirus currently affecting many parts of the world, known as COVID-19, as we understand that outbreaks of new virus infections can cause concern.
At this time, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health has confirmed two cases of COVID-19 in Massachusetts. Despite this, however, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to report that the risk to the general public is low.
Although the risk to Massachusetts residents remains low concerning COVID-19, the risk for the influenza virus is still high.
Below are some helpful reminders to help keep you healthy:
- Students and staff who are ill should stay home until they have been without fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea for at least twenty-four hours.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least twenty seconds. If you are unable to wash, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth or sharing drinks, utensils, or other items.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and in the elbow of your sleeve (not with your hands).
We will continue to monitor the situation with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. For additional information, please feel free to utilize any of the following links:
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH): www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Thank you for your help to keep our community healthy and safe. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any school leader.
Kevin Taylor, Chief Executive Officer / (857) 256-4319
Sonya Pratt, Chief Schools Officer / (617) 533-9471
Amber Donell, Chief Academic Officer / (617) 533-9471
Dr. Lisa Dion, Interim Principal – CoaH New Bedford / (508) 985-6400
Laura Edouard, Principal – CoaH Boston Lower School / (617) 445-1515
Carrie Wagner, Principal – CoaH Boston Upper School / (617) 516-5888
To read our most up to date information, please visit the Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.