Dear CoaH Families:
I am writing to provide an update on City on a Hill’s response to COVID-19. As a reminder, all of our previous messages are archived here.
NEW UPDATES FROM COAH – BOSTON
- AP Exams start next week! U.S. Government is Monday, May 11 at 3:30 p.m., Calculus is Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., English is Wednesday at 1:30pm, and U.S. History is Friday at 1:30 p.m. AP Bio is the following Monday, May 18 at 1:30pm.
- We WILL have Quarter 4 grades and final exams. Students will be given a grade at the end of the year which could result in moving on to the next grade, doing summer school, or having to repeat a class.
- This quarter, work will be graded for completion and accuracy. Any missing work will be marked as a zero. If students haven’t been doing all of their work, they can still make up work and are encouraged to do so.
- Many teachers are hosting live virtual classes and/or office hours. Students should join these sessions when they can. It’s very helpful for students and the teacher to see each others’ faces!
NEW UPDATES FROM COAH – NEW BEDFORD
- All New Bedford teachers are hosting office hours every day and Google Meet opportunities for students to talk with their teachers and gain a better understanding of the content being taught.
- New Bedford will NOT have final exams, but will utilize Apex unit tests, final projects and formative assessments for non Apex courses to determine final grades.
- Quarter 4 will be graded in the same manner that Quarter 3 was graded. Students will be given credit for all work completed.
REMINDERS FROM COAH
How can we celebrate teachers during this time?
Monday-Friday, May 4-8 is National Teacher Appreciation Week. Please consider sending a word of encouragement to your student’s teachers to thank them for the great work they are doing during this unprecedented time.
As always, please know that we remain committed to supporting you to the greatest extent possible during this time. We continue to welcome your feedback on how this process is working or not working for you and your family.
Kevin T. Taylor
Chief Executive Officer
To read our most up to date information, please visit the Our Response to COVID-19 page.