Dear CoaH Families:
I am writing to provide an update on City on a Hill’s response to COVID-19. As a reminder, all of our previous messages are archived here.
UPDATES FROM COAH – ALL SCHOOLS
There are no new updates that apply uniformly across the COAH Network, please review individual updates and reminders below.
UPDATES FROM COAH – BOSTON
- We will celebrate the seniors with our Virtual Graduation on Friday, June 12 at 6pm. Families can access the virtual through the City on a Hill Virtual Graduations page of the website. We will also share the link directly with students next week.
- The last days of classes for grades 9, 10, and 11 will be Wednesday, June 17. Exams will be on June 18-24.
- Wednesday, June 17 — Last day Q4 work is accepted, English Essay Due
- Thursday, June 18 — Science Exam
- Friday, June 19 — Math Exam
- Monday, June 22 — History Exam
- Tuesday, June 23 — Spanish and ELD Exams
- Wednesday, June 24 — Make-Up Exam Day
- Students have been invited to sign-up for locker clean-up. Upper School students can sign up to come to Dudley during the week of June 8. Upper School students who put down a locker deposit will get their money back at that time. Lower School students can sign up to come to Circuit during the week of June 15.
UPDATES FROM COAH – NEW BEDFORD
How will City on a Hill New Bedford close out the school year?
Today is the last day of classes for all COAH NB seniors! We will celebrate them throughout the upcoming week and stream their virtual graduation next Friday, June 12 at 5 p.m. which can be streamed on our City on a Hill Virtual Graduation page. Diplomas will be mailed home along with final report cards and transcripts before the end of June.
The last day of classes for all 9th, 10th and 11th grade students will be Wednesday, June 24. Students who borrowed a chromebook from the school should plan to return it to the school Wednesday, June 24 from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. or Thursday, June 25 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Additional details will be shared in future updates.
REMINDERS FROM COAH – ALL SCHOOLS:
How is City on a Hill responding to the peaceful protests for racial justice?
The City on a Hill Leadership Team shared a letter yesterday affirming our support for our students and teachers who took part in this weekend’s peaceful protest in the Boston Common. You can read more about CoaH’s commitment to practicing antiracism during this time here.
When is the last day of school for City on a Hill?
The last day of school for all City on a Hill freshman, sophomores, and juniors is Wednesday, June 24. Seniors will be released on Friday, June 5.
REMINDERS FROM COAH – BOSTON
When will CoaH Boston students be able to retrieve items from their lockers?
Advisors will be reaching out to students to schedule a time to clean out their lockers. Upper School students will be cleaning out their locker the week of June 8 and Lower School students will be the week of June 15. We will be following all safety guidelines. Students must wear a mask. Students will also receive deposit returns if they paid for Locker, DC Trip, and/or Senior Dues. Any questions please reach out to Nadege Manigat, Director of School Operations, at email@example.com.
What is the plan for CoaH Boston graduation?
We are excited to announce that this year’s City on a Hill Boston graduation will be virtual. Graduates and families will be able to stream graduation on Friday, June 12 at 6 p.m.
REMINDERS FROM COAH – NEW BEDFORD
There are no reminders from City on a Hill New Bedford.
As always, please know that we remain committed to supporting you to the greatest extent possible during this time. We continue to welcome your feedback on how this process is working or not working for you and your family.
Kevin T. Taylor
Chief Executive Officer