City on a Hill is a safe, small, and serious school. All students are expected to maintain this culture by respecting their peers, their learning space, City on a Hill faculty and staff, and themselves.
At City on a Hill, students are expected to:
- Be on time every day;
- Be prepared to learn;
- Have all necessary classroom materials (books, pens, etc.) before class begins;
- Complete all homework; and
- Take responsibility for and accept the consequences of their actions.
In turn, students can expect from City on a Hill:
- A safe and supportive environment to learn;
- Caring faculty to go to for guidance and support;
- A rigorous curriculum to prepare for college; and
- Individualized support to reach academic goals and create a post graduation plan that best meets each student’s needs.
City on a Hill does not tolerate:
- Derogatory language;
- Uniform violations – please refer to the Uniform Policy;
- Threatening language or behavior;
- Student insubordination; and
- Any form of bullying, cyber bullying, or retaliation. Please see the City on a Hill Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan.